Speicher Group of Real Broker LLC
Mobile & Text: 202-368-2636
An accomplished educator, speaker, and coach who loves The Office, rap/hiphop artist Jack Harlow, and her red-nosed pitbull named, Turkey — meet DMV native, Sequoia Austin.
She’s a University of Maryland alumna with a Master’s in Education, who taught science in Maryland, Florida, and Colorado, before transitioning to leadership as an Assistant Principal. A teacher at heart, a short time later, she followed her passions and shifted professionally to starting her own mindset coaching and professional speaking business coined, Cycle of
Love Mindset Coaching. As the name implies, Sequoia’s purpose through this work is about helping people identify negative and fearful mindset patterns that inhibit them from creating their dream lives. Sequoia has no time for negativity. She’s laser-focused on possibilities. And that’s why she’s committed to helping others achieve a similar positive mindset so they can overcome challenges and crush their goals.
Where does this fierce spirit come from? Well, when she was 10, she too a cross-country road trip with her grandmother to the awe-inspiring Sequoia National Park in California. The trees are famous for their height but what’s more impressive is their strength which comes from their grand stature and sheer solidity. It was a special trip that had a lifelong impact on a young Sequoia. And yes, her name was serendipitously inspired by the giant trees whose roots run deep and who transform all who witness their grandeur.
The name of this chapter in her life is “Alignment.” As a realtor, she’s observed the pitfalls of a workplace culture that’s out of line with its values. What drew her to Speicher Group was her conversation with Chris and Peggy Lyn. She was most impressed with their values and how committed they and their whole team are at living and preserving these shared values every day.
Her bucket list? Traveling to Norway to see the spectacular Northern Lights (and staying in a transparent-top igloo!). Until then, she’ll remain focused on doing all the good she can, such as cooking for her family and reading about personal development —- two things that feed her soul literally and figuratively. And, bringing Turkey, who is a certified therapy dog, to hospitals and nursing homes in the DMV area to spread a little joy.
- What is something you could eat every day? Veggie Lo Mein
- Best habit you picked up during the pandemic? Consistently checking in/calling my siblings
- What's the most embarrassing thing you own? A small scrap my grandmother made with a detailed story about my favorite baby blanket I had until I was like 10
- What's in your Google search history? "What should I make for dinner tonight"
- What do you daydream about when you should be working? Envisioning every detail of my dream life
- The one thing someone should ask you about if they never want you to shut up? Cellular Biology
- How do you procrastinate? Scrolling reels on instagram NOT TikTok (Millennial problems haha)
- Where are you originally from? Greenbelt, Maryland
- If you could visit anywhere on Earth, where would it be? See the Northern Lights in Norway
- Something you can't live without on a daily basis? Chapstick
Awards & Designations
Long & Foster Top 100 - 2016 - 2022
Long & Foster Luxury Alliance - 2016 - 2022
Exclusive member of Forbes Global Properties in the Washington metropolitan region - 2022
Exclusive Affiliate of Christie’s International Real Estate - 2016 - 2022
Top Real Estate Team by Washingtonian Magazine - 2015 - 2022
#1 RE/MAX Team in Montgomery County - 2013 - 2016
Top 50 RE/MAX Teams in United States - 2015 - 2016
#2 RE/MAX Team in Maryland - 2015 - 2016
#4 RE/MAX Team in Maryland - 2014
#6 RE/MAX Team in Maryland - 2013
Top 100 RE/MAX Teams in United States - 2013 - 2016
RE/MAX Diamond Award Club - 2013 - 2016
RE/MAX Chairman's Club - 2012
RE/MAX Platinum Club - 2011
RE/MAX 100% Club - 2010